If there’s one thing you should know about Austin FC, it’s that they are a club steeped in character. As the Lone Star State’s newest addition to Major League Soccer in 2021, they’ve quickly made their mark, setting records and fostering a fanbase as vibrant as their distinct ‘Verde’ color scheme.
Kickstart: The Players Who Define Austin FC
Several prominent players have already adorned the Verde and Black. Englishman Danny Hoesen, a former Ajax player, and Eredivisie Champion, has been one of Austin’s key forwards. He’s joined by Rodney Redes from Paraguay, who was the club’s first-ever signing and had previous experience playing for Club Guarani in his home country.
Goalkeeper Brad Stuver has become a staple in between the posts, with his crucial saves making him a fan favorite. His experience includes stints at Columbus Crew SC and New York City FC, bringing a wealth of knowledge to the new team.
Internationally, though Austin FC is yet to compete in the CONCACAF Champions League, one can only dream of potential clashes with the likes of Mexico’s Club América or Canada’s Toronto FC in the future.
Your Verde Venue: Q2 Stadium
Austin’s Q2 Stadium is a feast for the eyes with its open concourse design and breathtaking canopy structure. There are different sections that cater to all sorts of fans and budgets.
The Supporter’s Section, priced around $35, is a whirlwind of energy, where you can join Los Verdes and Austin Anthem in their raucous support.
For a decent view of the pitch without breaking the bank, try the East or West Sideline sections priced around $45. These seats offer a comfortable perspective on the game.
If you’re looking for VIP treatment, the Premium Club spaces, ranging from $155-$515, offer a luxurious experience. These areas offer exceptional views, wider seats, and access to exclusive lounges.
Claiming Your Slice of the Action
Securing your ticket to an Austin FC game is a passport to excitement. It’s not just about witnessing spectacular goals or tense match moments – it’s about being part of the Verde community, cheering with the supporters, and making unforgettable memories. Whether you’re a lifelong soccer devotee or someone looking to inject a little excitement into your weekend, there’s a place for you among the Austin FC fans. So, grab that ticket, put on your best Verde gear, and get ready to shout “¡Dale ATX!” at the top of your lungs. Your Austin FC adventure is just beginning.
There is More to the Story
- Verde and Black: The team’s primary colors, Verde and black, were chosen to represent Texas’s vibrant landscape and the strength and determination of Austin.
- First in Austin: Austin FC is the first professional sports team in Austin, one of the largest metropolitan areas in the US previously without a major league sports franchise.
- Environmentally Conscious: The team’s new stadium, Q2 Stadium, is designed with sustainability in mind, including initiatives like rainwater collection and solar panels.
- Local Flair: The Q2 Stadium food and beverage options include a variety of locally sourced items, making it more than just a soccer experience but a taste of Austin’s vibrant culture.
- Celebrity Ownership: Austin FC has some notable names in its ownership group, including Oscar-winning actor Matthew McConaughey, who is a minority owner and has been very involved in promoting the team.
- Women in Leadership: Austin FC has appointed Claudia Leal as their Chief Impact Officer, highlighting their commitment to inclusivity and diversity. Leal leads the club’s philanthropy efforts, community programming, and soccer park initiatives.
- Community Involvement: Austin FC is involved in local community initiatives, particularly around inclusivity and youth development. The club’s 4ATX Foundation aims to provide resources and opportunities for youth in underserved areas of Austin.
- Symbolism: The team’s crest features a pair of intertwined live oaks, a species of tree that’s ubiquitous in Austin, symbolizing the club’s deeply-rooted connection to the city.